My Best EVER! Indian Curry

April 17, 2017

The key to my heart lies with Curry.  Seriously though! & I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I think I have found quite literally the curry of all curries.  I am forever chopping and changing how I make one of my favorite dishes of all time and thought I would share with you my new and improved Indian style 'Balti'.  




I like to call this home-made, but who am I kidding? I used a jar of Pataks Balti spice.  I would love to one day have a whirl at making my own paste as well, but for the cost to buy each spice and ingredient separate really outweighs the benefits for me.  I'd much rather spend that money heading out for an evening to an Indian restaurant.

This is such a quick and easy dish to throw together during the working week & is suitable for Vegans/Vegetarians but also anyone following a Gluten Free diet like myself.  I have made this numerous times for my meat eating boyfriend however who is more than happy to eat veggie for the night.  Of course if you wanted to, you could add in chicken or beef or change up some of the veg.  When it comes to curry anything works really.  I am yet to fire something in and wish I hadn't of, and its a fab way of using up any left over vegetables at the end of the week.

If you do happen to give this a go, please snap and tweet me your pics @saracassells



Ingredients:

For the Sauce;
Chopped Tomatoes
Tomato Puree
Pataks Balti Paste

Veg:
Cauliflower
Runner Beans
Peas
Spinach
Carrot
Onion
Scallion
Green Pepper
Chickpeas

Spice:
Ginger
Garlic
Coriander

Method:

  1. Heat some olive oil in a pan and add in garlic and ginger, fry for a little while.
  2. Add in some onion, and cook until soft.
  3. Add in a heap of your paste, before adding in the rest of your veg.
  4. Saute everything for 5-10mins before adding in some water. Let this evaporate before adding in a tin of chopped tomatos and leaving to simmer for as long as you can. (I simmered this for over 50mins.)
  5. Boil up some rice until soft, and add to have of a dish before adding in your veg curry.
  6. Top with some scallion and scoop into a popadom.
  7. ENJOY!


You Might Also Like

0 comments