SLIDER

My Fave Weekend Breakfast

It is probably the most 'on trend' breakfast or brunch and most def a blogger must have to Instagram, but all for a well deserved reason. It's one of the most versatile meals I have thrown together and can be mixed and matched with so many ingredients you usually have in the fridge.  I thought I would share my Vegetarian and Gluten Free twist.



 Let's be realistic, I'm usually throwing a slice of toast into me as I run to the car Monday to Friday, but when it comes to the weekend I like to get a lil' more fancy in the breakfast department and whip out the avo's. Yanno...?

I'm not really sure whether you can even call this a recipe? I mean its literally avocado mashed up on toast? But mixed with some chilli, smokey Quorn bacon and a hot cuppa tea it goes down an absolute treat and its something even my meat obsessed boyfriend will happily munch down - Quorn Bacon aside that is, or 'shoe soles' as he often refers to them as.  Granted, it doesn't take much like actual bacon however it has a lovely smokey taste and I love it when it gets slightly burnt it just seems to add to the flavour.    If your not a fan you could always throw in some mushrooms, radish, rocket (*droooools* I am obsessed with rocket) or if your not Vegan, Feta or Scrambled eggs could also work well.  

Here is whatcha need;

I'm even laughing at myself typing and trying to make this extremely short and simple recipe sound like there is more to it. 

INGREDIENTS:

Bread of choice
One small avocado
Tomatoes
Quorn Bacon (Vegetarian)
Chilli Flakes
Butter (Vegan)

METHOD:

I mean, pretty self explanatory? 

Make the bread all toasty
Spread a hefty wack of butter on
Mush up the Avo inside the shell and spread over toast
Sprinkle on enough chilli to make you choke
Throw on a few rashers of bacon
Salt & Pepper to taste


And there you have my simple yet bloody amazing weekend breakfast!   What do you treat yourself to when you have the extra time?

No comments

Post a Comment

© Hello Sara Lou • Theme by Maira G.