SLIDER

Bedside Basics


I've said before that looking at what is on someone bedside table is a good indication of them and their interests.  I thought I would update this post as the last time I chatted about this was when I was still living at home, a lot has changed since then and if you were to look at my bedside today this is what you would find.

Books a plenty. I am in the midst of trying to get back into reading and remind myself to lift a book each night by cramming as many as possible onto my bedside cabinet.  At the moment I am reading a new purchase The couple next door which is a crime mystery style novel and already has me hooked from the mystery of the first chapter.  Reading really helps me fall asleep and I'll often only manage to read one chapter before my eyes start closing.  Getting myself off my phone on the other hand and actually lifting a book is still proving difficult.

Bits & bobs - I try to be one of those really minimalistic style bloggers and suddenly the clutter starts to move in again.  You can find lots of random odds and ends on here from sea shells I collected from a beach on Holidays to a lilac painted plant pot I painted back in Primary School.  I recently found it when we were unpacking and it went perfectly with my lilac cushions and lavender plant. 

Jewellery - I love my jewellery and picked up a couple of trinket dishes to create a place I could take it off when I got home from work.  It's safe to say it can still be found anywhere from the bathroom window sill to the top of the fireplace.  When I get home from work the first thing I have to do is take off my jewellery before getting stuck into dinner so it's found all over the house, but the idea of the dishes was good right? The little cat is from Oliver Bonas and the hanging terrarium is from Next sale. 

Beauty  - I've really cut down on my Beauty collection lately and streamlined my regime massively compared to a year ago.  I'm in the middle of using up existing products as I had a bit of a ridiculous amount of skincare I couldn't justify the half of (I love buying skincare okaaaay?) and I keep a hand cream from The Vegan Kind box and one of my only 2 nailpolishes by Barry M.

What do you keep on your bedside?

No comments

Post a Comment

© Hello Sara Lou • Theme by Maira G.