Birthday Weekend

May 28, 2017

 This weekend was so lovely.  I spent just about as much time possible outside.  I booked a half day on Friday, picked up an outdoor table and chair set and had a make shift BBQ and chilled outside with family and a good book. 



There is just something I love so much about being outdoors.  It instantly calms me.  I spoke to Simon about this actually over the weekend and how we really need to make a point of getting out of the house and into nature at least once a week.  It's good for the mind, and the soul and just what I need before starting another working week off.


We visited two parks in Northern Ireland that I have been to many times before but still love as much as the first time we visited.  It was my birthday on Thursday 25th and I turned 24.  Each year I get older the less possessions I care for and instead asked for some cookbooks, a TKMaxx voucher and a new necklace to replace an old one my Mum bought for me on my 21st that has since tarnished.  Simon also offered to take me out for lunch and I HAD to choose my favourite of all - Azora in Hillsborough.  I remember the first time I visited and the girl told me I could have EVERYTHING from the menu.  It was a amazing feeling as everything was gluten free and vegetarian.  I was in pure heaven.  I adore the decor of this little cafe and love how everything yet nothing matches.  It is worth a visit if you are ever in the area for sure.

A trip to Hillsborough isn't worth while unless you dander around the lovely forest park, it always takes me by suprise at how beautiful everything is and this time was no different.  I even got to see a Swan and her cygnets that looked as though they had hatched minutes before we arrived.  After our walk I headed home for some Chinese take-a-way and a movie with two of my best friends.  It was so nice to catch up and was the perfect end to a chilled and relaxed Birthday weekend.

What did you get up to?

You Might Also Like

0 comments