Queen of the Glens

May 08, 2017

















I remember seeing photos of Glenariff waterfalls on Pinterest and showing Simon and thinking we need to go here someday, not realising they are in my home Country of Northern Ireland.  The sheer joy that I felt finding out this was something I could see in over an hours drive, and even more so in real life.

This past weekend was spent entirely outdoors.  Northern Ireland doesn't get sun much, and when it does we all come crawling out from hibernation and burn like lobsters.  We took a spin around the Antrim coast which I haven't done at an age I can remember before and I quite literally have never seen anything as nice in my life.  I utter the words to Simon 'this is the nicest place I have ever seen', honestly, if you are visiting Ireland soon, add here to your list.

We topped the trip off with some chips, magnum ice lollies (and some for the child Pippa of course) and a stop by at one of the Game of Thrones locations in Cushendun.  This was the cave where Melisandre gave birth to her shadow baby and it was lovely to explore through the caves, especially with the added eeriness of the mist coming off the sea.  We do plan to venture across all of the locations this summer and this was a great starting point.

You Might Also Like

1 comments