SLIDER

Tropic Skincare | Cruelty Free & Vegan




 
 I've seen a few of my fave cf bloggers rave about the Tropic skincare line & was so excited to try out something different.  I have really cut back since having a mass of acne appear a year or so ago that my skincare junkie habits were put to bed & my routine consisted of Dermol cream from the GP to cleanse, and a Superdrug own brand light moisturiser.  My skin is on the up and I thought it would be a good time to in-corporate some new products designed for acne prone skin back in again.  I'm loving it!

I'd heard of Tropic but never tried any of their products before.  I wasn't aware that they were cruelty free & vegan as well as a business who are against the testing on animals.  It ticked all the boxes for me.  I read a little into the brand and realised that the owner of the company Susan actually appeared on the Apprentice with the idea of starting the company, which I think is pretty cool! especially because she was asked to leave and went away to build her passion into a roaring success. #girlpwr

I scrolled through the website & two products really stood out to me, although I'm dying to get my hands on some of their makeup range next.   I went for the blemish mask, for obvious reasons & the overnight repair cream as I used to be a major fan of the Estee Lauder advanced night serum but I never repurchased after going cruelty free.  I've given both a whirl, and here is the low-down.

Clear skin Blemish fighting mask - RRP £16.00
It claims to prevent breakouts and control sebum levels which if left to build up is the reason we get blemishes.  I loved the consistency of this, it was very creamy and glided onto the skin.  It didn't have any abrasive bits in like some other masks I have tried for blemished skin had and it was very cooling when applied.  It smelt devine! which was probably down to the delicious sounding ingredients within the mask -

• Willow bark and ginger extracts kill blemish-causing bacteria
• Green clay and spirulina draw out toxins and tighten pores
• Charcoal and goji berry extracts reduce redness and calm skin

my overall impression? it left my skin feeling moisturised, clean but not stripped or dry, it was a breeze to remove and dried into the skin really quickly.  I'll report back once I have used this a couple more times as it suggests to use it up to twice a week, but so far so good!

Night repair cell renewal cream - RRP £34.00
I love the idea of overnight treatments and as I mentioned before I was a big fan of the Estee Lauder but the price was a bit ridiculous not to mention the fact they test on animals.  I gave this a try a couple of nights in a row now and the smell is unbelievably good.  Even Simon commented on how nice it was and it sank into the skin with a couple sweeps on my hand. It's one of the few creams I can say I really notice a difference with.  My monster spot had shrunk a bit the next morning, my face looked plump and healthy and I genuinely look forward to putting this on at night. 

*I received no financial compensation for this post. I was sent a few samples to try, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.

2 comments

  1. I love Tropic! The night repair cream sounds absolutely gorgeous, I love it when you can really see a difference after using a product. The mask sounds very gentle so I might give it a try :) xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
  2. That flat lay <3 I haven't heard of the tropic range before but must have a little look into now. Though I am lucky that I never have any serious breakouts when I do get some blemishes they are an absolute pain so would love the see how this product would help

    ReplyDelete

© Hello Sara Lou • Theme by Maira G.